Welcome to Thirumalai Charity Trust
Thirumalai Charity Trust – TCT was founded on the belief – “Social responsibility of business is not optional, but obligatory”. TCT was created in 1970 to promote education, provide medical relief to the rural poor and, in general, reach out to people in dire need.
TCT, well past its golden jubilee is proud to recall that its commitment and activities have grown…. touching many spheres of service – Community Health, Education, Women Empowerment, De-addiction, Disability and many more.
- Education is the most crucial element of a country’s progress
- Volunteerism, women empowerment and community ownership of programmes are essential for meaningful development
- Healthcare is a shared responsibility between the healthcare provider, patient, family and community and a holistic approach is necessary to enable the right care and treatment for the patient.
Vision of TCT
At TCT, as we rededicate ourselves to building sustainable communities and improving their quality of life, we also commit to
- Staying relevant to the changing needs and environment and responding to them with meaningful programmes & services
- Continuing our focus on creating replicable & scalable models in each of our service programmes in health, education and development
- Founding, promoting and supporting charitable, academic, training, and research institutions of excellence
- Setting the standards in each of our services and becoming the natural choice for any seeker of such services
- Fostering a spirit of service among all sections of society, especially the young.
Commitment of TCT
- Continues a tradition of service in education, helping to establish & support new institutions right from inception in 1970
- Brings the rural poor together, in building their own future in our Community Health and Development Services, from 1988
- Catalyzing rural people to build sustainable communities and improve their quality of life.
- Developing and delivering a unique model of accessible, affordable primary and secondary healthcare.
- Building community-based organizations with local leaders.
- Mobilizing and motivating women volunteers for grassroots work.
- Creating ripple effects in the community as beneficiaries become change agents.
- Provides affordable, accessible and quality healthcare, in our Thirumalai Mission Hospital, which was started in 2010
- Gives comprehensive treatment for addiction problems and offers services for adolescent wellness and therapy for the mentally ill at the N.R. Swamy Rehab and Wellness Centre, which was set up in 2014.
- Conducts community health and epidemiological research studies to get insight into the common health problems widely prevalent in the community, in the Thirumalai Mission Health and Research Unit, since 2015.
- Offers teleconsultation, home nursing, physiotherapy, laboratory and pharmacy services at the request of patients in the comfort of their homes, in its TMH Home Care Services, since 2020.
TCT is registered
- As a Charitable Trust under the Bombay Public Trusts Act
- As a Charitable Organization under Income Tax Act
- Under Foreign Contributions Regulations Act
- Under the Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Donations to TCT are eligible for tax exemption under section 80G of the Income Tax Act